Ciplar ; 40 (Inderal)40 Mg ; 1500 tablets
|Active Ingrediant||Propranolol Hydrochloride|
|Generic Name||Ciplar – 40|
|Packaging Type||Foil in Box|
Ciplar general information
What is Ciplar used for?
Ciplar tablets are used to treat a variety of heart conditions including control ofеКhypertension (high blood pressure); management of angina pectoris (chest pain)еКdue to coronary atherosclerosis.еК Ciplar is also used for reducingеКsituational and generalised anxiety,еКparticularlyеКthe physical symptoms of anxiety (somatic), preventing migraine, management of essentialеКtremorеКand as an adjunctive treatment inеКtheеКmanagementthyrotoxicosisеК(overactive thyroid).еКеКCiplar is also used as prophylaxis to prevent bleeding due toеКportal hypertensionеК(high blood pressure in the portal veins from the stomach, spleen, pancreas an intestine) andеКesophageal varices (enlarged veins in the oesophagus); also forеКhypertrophic subaortic stenosis (thickening of the heart muscle causing obstruction to blood flow).еКеКCiplar tablets work through a common mechanism in several different body systems to manage the condition and relieve symptoms by reducing heart rate (pulse), workload o
n the heart (force needed to pump) and oxygen demand by the heart, which results in increased blood flow and lower blood pressure.
How does Ciplar work?
Ciplar containsеКpropanolol, which is a nonselective beta-blocker orеКantagonistеКthat binds to theеКbeta-receptorеКand acts byеКblocking the action of chemicals calledеКcatecholamines, such asеКadrenaline (epinephrine), which are released by the adrenal glands in response to nerve stimulation duringеКphysical and mental stress.еКеКAdrenaline works via beta-receptors in the heart to stimulate increased heart rate and constriction (narrowing) of blood vessels.еК Propanolol in Ciplar tablets blocks these actions of adrenaline, toеКslow heart rate, dilate (widen) blood vessels, lower blood pressure, and increase blood flow and oxygen to the heart.еК Since beta-receptors are found in many tissues, particularly the heart, kidneys, vascular smooth muscle in blood vessel walls, lung, skeletal muscle and liver, all short-term and long-term symptom relief due to takingеКCiplar , is based on blocking beta-receptors in the target tissue.
What does Ciplar contain?
Ciplar еКcontains the active ingredient propranolol , a beta blocker that blocks the action of adrenaline, to slow heart rate and relax blood vessels, amongst other actions, and is used to treat a variety of conditions.
Treating high blood pressure (hypertension) with Ciplar
CiplarеКtabletsеКеКcontain propanolol, a beta-blocker that blocks the action of adrenaline (epinephrine); released by the adrenal glands in response to nerve stimulation (for example due to stress).еК Adrenaline stimulates beta-receptors in blood vessel walls, causing blood vessels to constrict (narrow) which reduces blood flow and raises blood pressure.еКеКCiplarеКisеКused to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) by widening blood vessels (vasodilation), reducing heart rate (number of heart beats) and reducing the force of the heart contraction.еК These actions lower blood pressure and help the heart to cope better.
Treating angina with Ciplar
Ciplar еКtablets contain propanolol, a beta-blocker that blocks the action of adrenaline (epinephrine); released by the adrenal glands in response to nerve stimulation (for example due to stress).еК Adrenaline stimulates beta-receptors in the heart muscle, whichеКincreases heart rate and the strength of muscular contraction in response to excitement/physical exertion.еКеКCiplar еКisеКused forеКmanagement of angina by reducing heart rate andеКforce of contraction of the heart, andеКwidening blood vessels.еКеКWhen the heart does not have to work as hard, it requires less oxygen and the reduced workload relieves symptoms of angina, such as chest pain and breathlessnessеКon exertion.
What are the side effects of Ciplar?
The most commonly reported side effects when takingеКCiplarеКinclude,еКnausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain,еКbradycardia (slow heart rate),еКtiredness, dizziness, hypotension (low heart rate), coldness of the extremities, peripheral vasoconstriction, sleep disturbances or nightmares, hair loss, mood changes or confusion,.
When should Ciplar not be used?
You should not useеКCiplarеКif you:
- are allergic to propranolol or any ingredients in Ciplar
- have a history of bronchial asthma or bronchospasm
- are diabetic and taking hypoglycaemic therapy as propranolol may prolong the hypoglycaemic response to insulin
- have, poor peripheral blood circulation, uncontrolled heart failure, low blood pressure (hypotension), metabolic acidosis (too much acid in your blood) or a certain type of angina called Prinzmetal’s angina
- have a phaeochromocytoma (a rare tumour of the adrenal gland) which is not already being treated with other medicines
- have certain other heart problems
- are taking medication that may interact with Ciplar, including: other medicines for high blood pressure angina or an irregular heart beat such as calcium channel blockers (disopyramide) digoxin, clonidine, hydralazine, diltiazem, verapamil, and nifedipine; adrenaline for emergencies like anaphylaxis; ergotamine and derivatives for migraine; antiinflammatories like ibuprofen or indomethacin; cimetidine for reflux and ulcers; chlorpromazine for psychiatric disorders.
What medications interact with Ciplar?
Several medications interact withеКCiplar and should either not be taken while you are taking Ciplar or only after discussion and instruction from your doctor:
- Drugs that cause a serious reaction with Ciplar: other medicines for high blood pressure angina or an irregular heart beat such as calcium channel blockers (disopyramide) digoxin, clonidine, hydralazine, diltiazem, verapamil, and nifedipine, ergotamine and derivatives for migraine
- Drugs that affect Ciplar: adrenaline for emergencies like anaphylaxis, cimetidine for reflux and ulcers, chlorpromazine for psychiatric disorders, antiinflammatories like ibuprofen or indomethacin
- Drugs that are affected by Ciplar: chlorpromazine for psychiatric disorders
How should Ciplar be taken?
You should take yourеКCiplar tablets with a glass of water, with or without food.еК The number of tablets you take each day, how often you take them depends on the condition you are being treated for andеКyour doctor‰ЫЄs recommendations.еК You should continue take your Ciplar tablets every day, as instructed and if you are advised to stop taking them,еКwithdrawal should be gradual and treatment should not be discontinued abruptly.еКеКYou should continue take your Ciplar tablets for as longеКas recommended by your doctor, which may be for a few days or weeks,еКdepending on the condition you are being treated for.
How long should you take Ciplar?
You should continue take your Ciplar tablets for as longеКas recommended by your doctor, which may be for a few days or weeks,еКdepending on the condition you are being treated for.
Missed dose of Ciplar
If you miss a dose ofеКCiplarеКtake it as soon as you remember, unless it is time to take the next dose, then skip the missed dose.еК Do not take a double dose.
How should Ciplar be stored?
You should store yourеКCiplarеКbelow 25еЎCеКin a cool dry place.